An accessible, problem-solving approach to physics, grounded in real-world applications. James Walker’s Physics provides students with a solid conceptual understanding of physics that can be expressed quantitatively and applied to the world around them. Instructors and students praise Walker’s Physics for its friendly voice, the author’s talent for making complex concepts understandable, an inviting art program, and the range of excellent homework problems and example-types that provide guidance with problem solving. The Fifth Edition includes new “just-in-time” learning aids such as “Big Ideas” to quickly orient students to the overarching principles of each chapter, new Real-World Physics and Biological applications, and a wealth of problem-solving support features to coach students through the process of applying logic and reasoning to problem solving.
About the Author
James Walker obtained his Ph.D. in theoretical physics from the University of Washington in 1978. He subsequently served as a post-doc at the University of Pennsylvania, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California at San Diego before joining the physics faculty at Western Washington University. Professor Walker’s research interests include statistical mechanics, critical phenomena, and chaos. His many publications on the application of renormalization-group theory to systems ranging from absorbed monolayers to binary-fluid mixtures have appeared in Physical Review, Physical Review Letters, Physica, and a host of other publications. He has also participated in observations on the summit of Mauna Kea, looking for evidence of extra-solar planets.Jim Walker likes to work with students at all levels, from judging elementary school science fairs to writing research papers with graduate students, and has taught introductory physics for many years. His enjoyment of this course and his empathy for students have earned him a reputation as an innovative, enthusiastic, and effective teacher. Jim’s educational publications include “Reappearing Phases” (Scientific American, May 1987) as well as articles in the American Journal of Physics and The Physics Teacher. In recognition of his contributions to the teaching of physics at Western Washington University, Jim was named the Boeing Distinguished Professor of Science and Mathematics Education for 2001–2003.When he is not writing, conducting research, teaching, or developing new classroom demonstrations and pedagogical materials, Jim enjoys amateur astronomy, eclipse chasing, bird and dragonfly watching, photography, juggling, unicycling, boogie boarding, and kayaking. Jim is also an avid jazz pianist and organist. He has served as ballpark organist for a number of Class A minor league baseball teams, including the Bellingham Mariners, an affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, and the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. He can play Take Me Out To The Ball Game in his sleep.
Instructor’s Solutions Manual for Physics ISBN 032161111X
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Physics by James Walker Instructor’s Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Physics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Instructor’s Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Physics by James Walker Instructor’s Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Instructor’s Solutions Manual of 5th edition of the Physics . Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.