Plesha, Gray, and Costanzo’s Engineering Mechanics: Statics & Dynamics presents the fundamental concepts clearly, in a modern context using applications and pedagogical devices that connect with today’s students.
The text features a problem-solving methodology that is consistently used throughout all example problems. This methodology helps students lay out the steps necessary to correct problem-formulation and explains the steps needed to arrive at correct and realistic solutions. Once students have fully mastered the basic concepts, they are taught appropriate use of modern computational tools where applicable. Further reinforcing the text’s modern emphasis, the authors have brought engineering design considerations into selected problems where appropriate. This sensitizes students to the fact that engineering problems do not have a single answer and many different routes lead to a correct solution.The first new mainstream text in engineering mechanics in nearly twenty years, Plesha, Gray, and Costanzo’s Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics will help your students learn this important material efficiently and effectively.
About the Author
Michael E. Plesha is a Professor of Engineering Mechanics in the Department of Engineering Physics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Professor Plesha received his B.S. from the University of Illinois-Chicago in structural engineering and materials, and his M.S. and Ph.D. from Northwestern University in structural engineering and applied mechanics. His primary research areas are computational mechanics, focusing on the development of fi nite element and discrete element methods for solving static and dynamic nonlinear problems, and the development of constitutive models for characterizing behavior of materials. Much of his work focuses on problems featuring contact, friction, and material interfaces. Applications include nanotribology, high temperature rheology of ceramic composite materials, modeling geomaterials including rock and soil, penetration mechanics, and modeling crack growth in structures. He is co-author of the book Concepts and Applications of Finite Element Analysis (with R. D. Cook, D. S. Malkus, and R. J. Witt). He teaches courses in statics, basic and advanced mechanics of materials, mechanical vibrations, and fi nite element methods.
Gary L. Gray is an Associate Professor of Engineering Science and Mechanics in the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Penn State in University Park, PA. He received a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (cum laude) from Washington University in St. Louis, MO, an S.M. in Engineering Science from Harvard University, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Engineering Mechanics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His primary research interests are in dynamical systems, dynamics of mechanical systems, mechanics education, and multi-scale methods for predicting continuum-level properties of materials from molecular calculations. For his contributions to mechanics education, he has been awarded the Outstanding and Premier Teaching Awards from the Penn State Engineering Society, the Outstanding New Mechanics Educator Award from the American Society for Engineering Education, the Learning Excellence Award from General Electric, and the Collaborative and Curricular Innovations Special Recognition Award from the Provost of Penn State. In addition to dynamics, he also teaches mechanics of materials, mechanical vibrations, numerical methods, advanced dynamics, and engineering mathematics.
Solutions Manual for Engineering Mechanics: Statics ISBN 0073380296
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Engineering Mechanics: Statics by Michael Plesha, Gary Gray, Francesco Costanzo Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Science and Engineering, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Engineering Mechanics: Statics by Michael Plesha, Gary Gray, Francesco Costanzo Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 2nd edition of the Engineering Mechanics: Statics . Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.