The two-part, fifth edition of Advanced Organic Chemistry has been substantially revised and reorganized for greater clarity. The material has been updated to reflect advances in the field since the previous edition, especially in computational chemistry. Part A covers fundamental structural topics and basic mechanistic types. It can stand-alone; together, with Part B: Reaction and Synthesis, the two volumes provide a comprehensive foundation for the study in organic chemistry. Companion websites provide digital models for study of structure, reaction and selectivity for students and exercise solutions for instructors.
About the Author
Francis A. Carey is a native of Pennsylvania, educated in the public schools of Philadelphia, at Drexel University (B.S. in chemistry, 1959), and at Penn State (Ph.D. 1963). Following postdoctoral work at Harvard and military service, he was appointed to the chemistry faculty of the University of Virginia in 1966. Prior to retiring in 2000, he regularly taught the two-semester lecture courses in general chemistry and organic chemistry.
With his students, Professor Carey has published over forty research papers in synthetic and mechanistic organic chemistry. In addition to this text, he is coauthor (with Robert C. Atkins) of Organic Chemistry: A Brief Course and (with Richard J. Sundberg) of Advanced Organic Chemistry, a two-volume treatment designed for graduate students and advanced undergraduates. He was a member of the Committee of Examiners of The Graduate Record Examination in Chemistry from 1993-2000.
Frank and his wife Jill, who is a teacher/director of a preschool and a church organist, are the parents of Andy, Bob, and Bill and the grandparents of Riyad and Ava.
Solutions Manual for Advanced Organic Chemistry Part A: Structure and Mechanisms ISBN 0387683461
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Advanced Organic Chemistry Part A: Structure and Mechanisms by Francis Carey, Richard J. Sundberg Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Chemistry, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Advanced Organic Chemistry Part A: Structure and Mechanisms by Francis Carey, Richard J. Sundberg Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 5th edition of the Advanced Organic Chemistry Part A: Structure and Mechanisms . Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.