Book DetailsChapter 1: Introduction to Differential Equations Differential Equation Models. The Derivative. Integration.Chapter 2: First-Order Equations Differential Equations and Solutions. Solutions to Separable Equations. Models of Motion. Linear Equations. Mixing Problems. Exact Differential Equations. Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions. Dependence of Solutions on Initial Conditions. Autonomous Equations and Stability. Project 2.10 The Daredevil Skydiver.Chapter 3: Modeling and Applications Modeling Population Growth. Models and the Real World. Personal Finance. Electrical Circuits. Project 3.5 The Spruce Budworm. Project 3.6 Social Security, Now or Later.Chapter 4: Second-Order Equations Definitions and Examples. Second-Order Equations and Systems. Linear, Homogeneous Equations with Constant Coefficients. Harmonic Motion. Inhomogeneous Equations; the Method of Undetermined Coefficients. Variation of Parameters. Forced Harmonic Motion. Project 4.8 Nonlinear Oscillators.Chapter 5: The Laplace Transform The Definition of the Laplace Transform. Basic Properties of the Laplace Transform 241. The Inverse Laplace Transform Using the Laplace Transform to Solve Differential Equations. Discontinuous Forcing Terms. The Delta Function. Convolutions. Summary. Project 5.9 Forced Harmonic Oscillators.Chapter 6: Numerical Methods Euler’s Method. Runge-Kutta Methods. Numerical Error Comparisons. Practical Use of Solvers. A Cautionary Tale. Project 6.6 Numerical Error Comparison.Chapter 7: Matrix Algebra Vectors and Matrices. Systems of Linear Equations with Two or Three Variables. Solving Systems of Equations. Homogeneous and Inhomogeneous Systems. Bases of a subspace. Square Matrices. Determinants.Chapter 8: An Introduction to Systems Definitions and Examples. Geometric Interpretation of Solutions. Qualitative Analysis. Linear Systems. Properties of Linear Systems. Project 8.6 Long-Term Behavior of Solutions.Chapter 9: Linear Systems with Constant Coefficients Overview of the Technique. Planar Systems. Phase Plane Portraits. The Trace-Determinant Plane. Higher Dimensional Systems. The Exponential of a Matrix. Qualitative Analysis of Linear Systems. Higher-Order Linear Equations. Inhomogeneous Linear Systems. Project 9.10 Phase Plane Portraits. Project 9.11 Oscillations of Linear Molecules.Chapter 10: Nonlinear Systems The Linearization of a Nonlinear System. Long-Term Behavior of Solutions. Invariant Sets and the Use of Nullclines. Long-Term Behavior of Solutions to Planar Systems. Conserved Quantities. Nonlinear Mechanics. The Method of Lyapunov.
Predator-Prey Systems. Project 10.9 Human Immune Response to Infectious Disease. Project 10.10 Analysis of Competing Species.Chapter 11: Series Solutions to Differential Equations Review of Power Series. Series Solutions Near Ordinary Points. Legendre’s Equation. Types of Singular Points-Euler’s Equation. Series Solutions Near Regular Singular Points. Series Solutions Near Regular Singular Points – the General Case. Bessel’s Equation and Bessel FunctionsChapter 12: Fourier Series Computation of Fourier Series. Convergence of Fourier Series. Fourier Cosine and Sine Series. The Complex Form of a Fourier Series. The Discrete Fourier Transform and the FFT.Chapter 13: Partial Differential Equations Derivation of the Heat Equation. Separation of Variables for the Heat Equation. The Wave Equation. Laplace’s Equation. Laplace’s Equation on a Disk. Sturm Liouville Problems. Orthogonality and Generalized Fourier Series. Temperature in a Ball-Legendre Polynomials. Time Dependent PDEs in Higher Dimension. Domains with Circular Symmetry-Bessel Functions. Appendix: Complex Numbers and Matrices Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems Index
Solutions Manual of Differential Equations With Boundary Value Problems by Polking & Arnold | 2nd edition ISBN 978-0131862364
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Differential Equations With Boundary Value Problems by Polking & Arnold Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Mathematics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Differential Equations With Boundary Value Problems by Polking & Arnold Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 2nd edition of the Differential Equations With Boundary Value Problems by Polking & Arnold. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.