Written by a world-renowned theoretical physicist, Introduction to Statistical Physics, 1ST Edition clarifies the properties of matter collectively in terms of the physical laws governing atomic motion. This second edition expands upon the original to include many additional exercises and more pedagogically oriented discussions that fully explain the concepts and applications.
The book first covers the classical ensembles of statistical mechanics and stochastic processes, including Brownian motion, probability theory, and the Fokker–Planck and Langevin equations. To illustrate the use of statistical methods beyond the theory of matter, the author discusses entropy in information theory, Brownian motion in the stock market, and the Monte Carlo method in computer simulations. The next several chapters emphasize the difference between quantum mechanics and classical mechanics―the quantum phase. Applications covered include Fermi statistics and semiconductors and Bose statistics and Bose–Einstein condensation. The book concludes with advanced topics, focusing on the Ginsburg–Landau theory of the order parameter and the special kind of quantum order found in superfluidity and superconductivity.
About the Author
Kerson Huang is Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA, and a leading authority on quantum physics. He is a highly experienced textbook writer and has written Statistical Mechanics, also published by Wiley. Professor Huang?s research interests focus on Bose-Einstein condensates and non-renormalizable theories.
Solutions Manual of Introduction to Statistical Physics by Huang | 1st edition ISBN 9781420079029
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Introduction to Statistical Physics by Huang Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Physics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Introduction to Statistical Physics by Huang Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 1st edition of the Introduction to Statistical Physics by Huang. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.