Probability & Statistics, 3rd Edition, was written for a one- or two-semester probability and statistics course. This course is offered primarily at four-year institutions and taken mostly by sophomore and junior level students majoring in mathematics or statistics. Calculus is a prerequisite, and a familiarity with the concepts and elementary properties of vectors and matrices is a plus.
About the Author
Born in Scranton, Pennsylvania, DeGroot graduated from Roosevelt University and earned master’s and doctor’s degrees from the University of Chicago. DeGroot joined Carnegie Mellon in 1957 and became a University Professor, the school’s highest faculty position.
He wrote six books, edited four volumes and authored over one hundred papers. Most of his research was on the theory of rational decision-making under uncertainty. His Optimal Statistical Decisions, published in 1970, is still recognized as one of the great books in the field. His courses on statistical decision theory taught at Carnegie-Mellon influenced Edward C. Prescott and Robert Lucas, Jr., influential figures in the development of new classical macroeconomics and real business-cycle theory. DeGroot’s undergraduate text, Probability and Statistics, published in 1975, is widely recognized as a classic textbook.
Solutions Manual of Probability and Statistics by DeGroot & Schervish | 3rd edition ISBN
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Probability and Statistics by DeGroot & Schervish Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Statistics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Probability and Statistics by DeGroot & Schervish Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 3rd edition of the Probability and Statistics by DeGroot & Schervish. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.