The aim of this graduate textbook is to provide a comprehensive advanced course in the theory of statistics covering those topics in estimation, testing, and large sample theory which a graduate student might typically need to learn as preparation for work on a Ph.D. An important strength of this book is that it provides a mathematically rigorous account of both classical and Bayesian inference in order to give readers a broad perspective. For example, the “uniformly most powerful” approach to testing is contrasted with available decision-theoretic approaches. Commencing with chapters on probability models and the theory of sufficient statistics, the author covers decision theory, hypothesis testing, estimation, equivariance, large sample theory, hierarchical models, and, finally, sequential analysis. Every chapter concludes with exercises which range in difficulty from the easy to the challenging. As a result, this textbook provides an excellent course in modern theoretical statistics.
Solutions Manual of Probability and Statistics by DeGroot & Schervish | 4th edition ISBN 9780321715975
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Probability and Statistics by DeGroot & Schervish Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Statistics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Probability and Statistics by DeGroot & Schervish Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 4th edition of the Probability and Statistics by DeGroot & Schervish. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.