BIOCALCULUS: CALCULUS, PROBABILITY, AND STATISTICS FOR THE LIFE SCIENCES shows students how calculus relates to biology, with a style that maintains rigor without being overly formal. The text motivates and illustrates the topics of calculus with examples drawn from many areas of biology, including genetics, biomechanics, medicine, pharmacology, physiology, ecology, epidemiology, and evolution, to name a few. Particular attention has been paid to ensuring that all applications of the mathematics are genuine, and references to the primary biological literature for many of these has been provided so that students and instructors can explore the applications in greater depth. Although the focus is on the interface between mathematics and the life sciences, the logical structure of the book is motivated by the mathematical material. Students will come away with a sound knowledge of mathematics, an understanding of the importance of mathematical arguments, and a clear understanding of how these mathematical concepts and techniques are central in the life sciences.
About the Author
The late James Stewart received his M.S. from Stanford University and his Ph.D. from the University of Toronto. He did research at the University of London and was influenced by the famous mathematician George Polya at Stanford University. Stewart was most recently Professor of Mathematics at McMaster University, and his research field was harmonic analysis. Stewart was the author of a best-selling calculus textbook series published by Cengage Learning, including CALCULUS, CALCULUS: EARLY TRANSCENDENTALS, and CALCULUS: CONCEPTS AND CONTEXTS, as well as a series of precalculus texts.
Troy Day received his M.S. in biology from the University of British Columbia and his Ph.D. in mathematics from Queen’s University. His first academic position was at the University of Toronto, before being recruited back to Queen’s University as a Canada Research Chair in Mathematical Biology. He is currently a Professor of Mathematics and Statistics and a Professor of Biology. His research group works in areas ranging from applied mathematics to experimental biology. Troy Day is also coauthor of the widely used book A BIOLOGIST’S GUIDE TO MATHEMATICAL MODELING, published by Princeton University Press in 2007.
Solutions Manual of Stewart/day’s Calculus for Life Sciences and Biocalculus by Stewart & Day | 1st edition ISBN 9781285842523
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Stewart/day’s Calculus for Life Sciences and Biocalculus by Stewart & Day Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Mathematics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Stewart/day’s Calculus for Life Sciences and Biocalculus by Stewart & Day Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 1st edition of the Stewart/day’s Calculus for Life Sciences and Biocalculus by Stewart & Day. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.