Thermal physics deals with collections of large numbers of particles – typically 10 to the 23rd power or so. Examples include the air in a balloon, the water in a lake, the electrons in a chunk of metal, and the photons given off by the sun. We can’t possibly follow every detail of the motions
of so many particles. So in thermal physics we assume that these motions are random, and we use the laws of probability to predict how the material as a whole ought to behave. Alternatively, we can measure the bulk properties of a material, and from these infer something about the particles it is
This book will give you a working understanding of thermal physics, assuming that you have already studied introductory physics and calculus. You will learn to apply the general laws of energy and entropy to engines, refrigerators, chemical reactions, phase transformations, and mixtures. You will
also learn to use basic quantum physics and powerful statistical methods to predict in detail how temperature affects molecular speeds, vibrations of solids, electrical and magnetic behaviors, emission of light, and exotic low-temperature phenomena.
About the Author
Daniel V. Schroeder, Professor of Physics, Weber State University
Daniel V. Schroeder is Professor of Physics at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, USA. He earned his PhD in Physics at Stanford University, then taught briefly at Pomona College and Grinnell College before coming to Weber State in 1993. He is the coauthor, with Michael E. Peskin, of An
Introduction to Quantum Field Theory. From 2012 through 2016 he served as Associate Editor of the American Journal of Physics.
Solutions Manual of Thermal Physics by Schroeder | 1st edition ISBN 9780192895547
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Thermal Physics by Schroeder Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Science and Engineering, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Thermal Physics by Schroeder Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 1st edition of the Thermal Physics by Schroeder. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.