Instagram is a social media platform for sharing photos and videos with your loved ones and to stay up-to-date what your friends and family also with latest trends. Sometime social media can be a treat to your privacy. You may not want everyone to see what you share on your profile. Knowing how to block someone on Instagram might be useful when you are concerned about your privacy.
You can always make your profile private, so that you have the control of who can follow you. You can accept their follow request, ignore or delete.
However blocking someone on Instagram is pretty simple, with few easy steps you can get it done. The person you block, will no longer able to locate your profile nor will they be notified that you have blocked them. This blocking feature is really useful if you have any annoying friends who you do not like to share your private posts. They will not be able to view your posts or stories. But they can still mention your username in their posts but those mentions will not be displayed in your activity stream as long as that person is blocked.
If you change your mind, you can always unlock them, in order to unblock someone on Instagram you can follow our tutorial on how to unblock someone on Instagram.
How to Block a person using Instagram App
You can follow the steps on the above image or use the following steps. The App is available for most of the mobile platforms.
- Browse to the user’s profile you wish to block. This can be easily done by tapping their username from anywhere within the Instagram app.
- Now you should be able to view the user’s profile page. Tap three dots in the right-hands side corner of the screen and the menu should pop up.
- On the menu, select Block.
- A message will appear, asking if you are sure that you want to block this user. Tap on Block.
- Next, a confirmation message will appear, mentioning that the user has been blocked and you can unblock anytime. Tap on OK.
How to Block using a web browser
If you are running on a platform that doesn’t support the app, you can login through website and still block someone.
- Open your favorite browser and visit the Instagram website.
- Browse to user’s profile which you want to block. This can be done by clicking on their username.
- On user’s profile, click on three dots on top right-hand side corner.
- A menu should appear. Click on Block this user.
- Click on Block.
- Last, Click Dismiss on the confirmation message.
I hope you enjoyed our post on how to block someone on Instagram with few easy steps. Stay tuned for more!