This well-respected book introduces readers to the theory and application of modern numerical approximation techniques. Providing an accessible treatment that only requires a calculus prerequisite, the authors explain how, why, and when approximation techniques can be expected to work-and why, in some situations, they fail. A wealth of examples and exercises develop readers’ intuition, and demonstrate the subject’s practical applications to important everyday problems in math, computing, engineering, and physical science disciplines. Three decades after it was first published, Burden, Faires, and Burden’s NUMERICAL ANALYSIS remains the definitive introduction to a vital and practical subject.
About the Author
About the Author
J. Douglas Faires, late of Youngstown State University, pursued mathematical interests in analysis, numerical analysis, mathematics history, and problem solving. Dr. Faires won numerous awards, including the Outstanding College-University Teacher of Mathematics by the Ohio Section of MAA and five Distinguished Faculty awards from Youngstown State University, which also awarded him an Honorary Doctor of Science award in 2006.
Annette M. Burden is a Professor of Mathematics at Youngstown State University (YSU) and for four years served as YSU Interim Distance Education Director. Her master’s degree in mathematics was awarded by Youngstown State University and her doctoral degree in mathematics educational technology with a specialization in numerical analysis was awarded by Union Institute & University. Dr. Burden worked under Carnegie Mellon Professor Werner C. Rheinboldt from the University of Pittsburgh for several years. She is past President of the International Society of Technology in Education’s Technology Coordinators, was appointed to the MAPLE Academic Advisory Board, and served as co-chair of Ohio’s Distance Education Advisory Group. She has also developed numerous upper-level online courses including courses in Numerical Analysis and Numerical Methods. Dr. Burden has been named a distinguished professor for teaching and service three times at Youngstown State University.
Solutions Manual for Numerical Analysis ISBN 538733519
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Numerical Analysis by Richard L. Burden, J. Douglas Faires Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Mathematics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Numerical Analysis by Richard L. Burden, J. Douglas Faires Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 8th edition of the Numerical Analysis . Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.