As in previous editions, the focus in BASIC COLLEGE MATHEMATICS remains on the Aufmann Interactive Method (AIM). Students are encouraged to be active participants in the classroom and in their own studies as they work through the How To examples and the paired Examples and You Try It problems. Student engagement is crucial to success. Presenting students with worked examples, and then providing them with the opportunity to immediately solve similar problems, helps them build their confidence and eventually master the concepts. Simplicity is key in the organization of this edition, as in all other editions. All lessons, exercise sets, tests, and supplements are organized around a carefully constructed hierarchy of objectives. Each exercise mirrors a preceding objective, which helps to reinforce key concepts and promote skill building. This clear, objective-based approach allows students to organize their thoughts around the content, and supports instructors as they work to design syllabi, lesson plans, and other administrative documents. New features like Focus on Success, Apply the Concept, and Concept Check add an increased emphasis on study skills and conceptual understanding to strengthen the foundation of student success. The Tenth Edition also features a new design, enhancing the Aufmann Interactive Method and making the pages easier for both students and instructors to follow.
About the Author
Richard Aufmann is the lead author of two best-selling Developmental Math series and a best-selling College Algebra and Trigonometry series, as well as several derivative Math texts. Mr. Aufmann taught Math, Computer Science and Physics at Palomar College in California, where he was on the faculty for 28 years. His textbooks are highly recognized and respected among college mathematics professors. Today, Mr. Aufmann’s professional interests include quantitative literacy, the developmental math curriculum and the impact of technology on curriculum development. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics from the University of California, Irvine, and a Master of Arts degree in Mathematics from California State University, Long Beach.
Joanne Lockwood received a BA in English Literature from St. Lawrence University and both an MBA and a BA in mathematics from Plymouth State University. Ms. Lockwood taught at Plymouth State University and Nashua Community College in New Hampshire, and has over 20 years’ experience teaching mathematics at the high school and college level. Ms. Lockwood has co-authored two bestselling developmental math series, as well as numerous derivative math texts and ancillaries. Ms. Lockwood’s primary interest today is helping developmental math students overcome their challenges in learning math.
Solutions Manual of Aufmann/lockwood’s Basic College Math: an Applied Approach by Aufmann & Lockwood | 10th edition ISBN 9781285420172
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Aufmann/lockwood’s Basic College Math: an Applied Approach by Aufmann & Lockwood Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Mathematics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Aufmann/lockwood’s Basic College Math: an Applied Approach by Aufmann & Lockwood Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 10th edition of the Aufmann/lockwood’s Basic College Math: an Applied Approach by Aufmann & Lockwood. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.