Designed to be used as a graduate-level text and as an engineering reference work, Continuum Electromechanics presents a comprehensive development of its subject—the interaction of electromagnetic forces and ponderable media, the mechanical responses to electromagnetic fields, and the reciprocal effects of the material motions produced by those fields. The author’s approach is highly interdisciplinary, and he introduces fundamental concepts from such subjects as electrohydrodynamics, magnetohydrodynamics, plasma physics, electron beam engineering, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and physical chemistry.
The applications of continuum electromechanics are also remarkably diverse, and many of them are treated in the book, both because of their intrinsic engineering importance and as a means of illustrating basic principles. Among these applications are the design of rotating machines and synchronous generators, polymer processing, magnetic melting and pumping in metallurgical operations, the processing of plastics and glass, the manufacture of synthetic fibers, inductive and dielectric heating, thermal-to-electrical energy conversion, the control of air pollution, the design of controlled-fusion devices, image processing and printing, the magnetic levitation and propulsion of vehicles, the study of films and membranes, and the analysis of the complex electrokinetic and physicochemical processes that underlie the sensing and motor functions of biological systems. Many of these applications are presented in the form of problems.
The book consists of eleven chapters, entitled Introduction to Continuum Electromechanics; Electrodynamic Laws; Approximations, and Relations; Electromagnetic Forces, Force Densities, and Stress Tensors; Electromechanical Kinematics; Energy-Conversion Models and Processes; Charge Migration, Convection, and Relaxation; Magnetic Diffusion and Induction Interactions; Laws, Approximations, and Relations of Fluid Mechanics Statics and Dynamics of Systems Having a Static Equilibrium; Electromechanical Flows; Electromechanics with Thermal and Molecular Diffusion; and Streaming Interactions.
Solutions Manual of Continuum Electromechanics by Melcher | 1st edition ISBN 9780262131650
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Continuum Electromechanics by Melcher Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Science and Engineering, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Continuum Electromechanics by Melcher Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 1st edition of the Continuum Electromechanics by Melcher. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.