The Physical Basis of Biochemistry: Solutions Manual to the Second Edition offers solutions to the problem sets from the second edition of The Physical Basis of Biochemistry. The Physical Basis of Biochemistry is an introduction to the philosophy and practice of an interdisciplinary field in which biological systems are explored using the quantitative perspective of the physical scientist. As with the first edition, the idea that a fundamental understanding of the basic physical principles underlying chemical biological systems is vital remains the focus of this second edition. This new edition of The Physical Basis of Biochemistry has substantial new material added with respect to models at the simple molecular level (including van der Waals gases and virial treatments) which is tied to coverage of models of polymer thermo-dynamics. The second edition is partitioned into five sections: the central concept that science is a way of looking at the world; the physical under-pinnings of biophysical chemistry with an emphasis first on energy, work and forces of biological importance; exploring how models applicable to molecular biophysics are constructed; the three-dimensional potential energy surface put into motion; and a succinct discussion of the bio-physical methods used to evaluate structure and function in biological systems. Additionally, a section of appendices continues to serve the purpose of presenting some review information and certain topics in detail. The Physical Basis of Biochemistry will be of interest to quantitatively-oriented biologists as well as aspiring chemists, physicists, and engineers with an interest in biological systems.
About the Author
Kevin Hallock, Ph.D., is a researcher and instructor in the Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology at the Boston University School of Medicine in Boston, Masschusetts, where he teaches biostatistics, an graduate course on the science of disasters, and co-teaches biophysical chemistry and modeling courses with Dr. Bergethon. His research interests include the impact of antimicrobial peptide on phospholipid bilayers, solid-state NMR and magnetic resonance imaging characterization of crystalline solids, atherosclerotic plaque formation, magnetic resonance microscopy of arthropods, the impact of chronic Hg exposure on aging, and the role cell membrane biophysics play in the fundamental processes of neurophysics. Peter Bergethon, MD is the Head of the Neuroscience Interdisciplinary Modeling and Simulation Center (NIMS Center), the Laboratory for Intelligence Modeling and Neurophysics and a member of the faculty in both the Departments of Anatomy/Neurobiology and Biochemistry at Boston University School of Medicine. His research spirals around a core question: “What is the physical and systemic basis for creativity and intelligent behavior and how could such behavior be practically constructed or reconstructed?” Dr. Bergethon is also an active member of the American Academy of Neurology from which he received the Founder’s Award , the Electrochemical, Biophysical, American Chemical Societies, the Society for Neuroscience and the American Society of Biochemistry and Cellular Biology.
Solutions Manual of The Physical Basis of Biochemistry by Bergethon & Hallock | 2nd edition ISBN 9781441973634
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying The Physical Basis of Biochemistry by Bergethon & Hallock Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Physics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- The Physical Basis of Biochemistry by Bergethon & Hallock Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 2nd edition of the The Physical Basis of Biochemistry by Bergethon & Hallock. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.