This textbook is aimed at newcomers to nonlinear dynamics and chaos, especially students taking a first course in the subject. The presentation stresses analytical methods, concrete examples, and geometric intuition. The theory is developed systematically, starting with first-order differential equations and their bifurcations, followed by phase plane analysis, limit cycles and their bifurcations, and culminating with the Lorenz equations, chaos, iterated maps, period doubling, renormalization, fractals, and strange attractors.
A unique feature of the book is its emphasis on applications. These include mechanical vibrations, lasers, biological rhythms, superconducting circuits, insect outbreaks, chemical oscillators, genetic control systems, chaotic waterwheels, and even a technique for using chaos to send secret messages. In each case, the scientific background is explained at an elementary level and closely integrated with mathematical theory.
In the twenty years since the first edition of this book appeared, the ideas and techniques of nonlinear dynamics and chaos have found application to such exciting fields as systems biology, evolutionary game theory, and socio-physics. This second edition includes new exercises on these cutting-edge developments, on topics as varied as curiosities of visual perception and the tumultuous love dynamics in Gone with the Wind.
About the Author
Steven Strogatz is the Schurman Professor of Applied Mathematics at Cornell University. His honors include MIT’s highest teaching prize, a lifetime achievement award for the communication of mathematics to the general public, and membership in the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. His research on a wide variety of nonlinear systems from synchronized fireflies to small-world networks has been featured in the pages of Scientific American, Nature, Discover, Business Week, and The New York Times.
Student’s Solutions Manual for Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos ISBN 0813349109
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos by Steven Strogatz, Mitchal Dichter Student’s Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Science and Engineering, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Student’s Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos by Steven Strogatz, Mitchal Dichter Student’s Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Student’s Solutions Manual of 2nd edition of the Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos . Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.