The 9th edition of Mechanical Engineering Design marks a return to the basic approaches that have made this book the standard in machine design for over 40 years. At the same time it has been significantly updated and modernized for today’s engineering students and professional engineers.Working from extensive market research and reviews of the 8th edition, the new 7th edition features reduced coverage of uncertainty and statistical methods. Statistics is now treated (in chapter 2) as one of several methods available to design engineers, and statistical applications are no longer integrated throughout the text, examples and problem sets.Other major changes include updated coverage of the design process, streamlined coverage of statistics, a more practical overview of materials and materials selection (moved to chapter 3), revised coverage of failure and fatigue, and review of basic strength of materials topics to make a clearer link with prerequisite courses.Overall coverage of basic concepts has been made more clear and concise, with some advanced topics deleted, so that readers can easily navigate key topics. Problem sets have been improved, with new problems added to help students progressively work through them.
About the Author
Richard G. Budynas is Professor Emeritus of the Kate Gleason College of Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology. He has over 40 years experience in teaching and practicing mechanical engineering design. He is the author of a McGraw-Hill textbook, Advanced Strength and Applied Stress Analysis, Second Edition; and co-author of a McGraw-Hill reference book, Roark’s Formulas for Stress and Strain, Seventh Edition. He was awarded the BME of Union College, MSME of the University of Rochester, and the Ph.D. of the University of Massachusetts. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in the state of New York.
J. Keith Nisbett is an Associate Professor and Associate Chair of Mechanical Engineering at the Missouri University of Science and Technology. He has over 25 years of experience with using and teaching from this classic textbook. As demonstrated by a steady stream of teaching awards, including the Governor’s Award for Teaching Excellence, he is devoted to finding ways of communicating concepts to the students. He was awarded the BS, MS, and Ph.D. of the University of Texas at Arlington.
Solutions Manual for Mechanical Engineering Design ISBN 0073529281
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Mechanical Engineering Design by Richard Budynas, Keith Nisbett Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Science and Engineering, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Mechanical Engineering Design by Richard Budynas, Keith Nisbett Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 9th edition of the Mechanical Engineering Design . Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.