Unique in its coverage of all aspects of modern particle physics, this textbook provides a clear connection between the theory and recent experimental results, including the discovery of the Higgs boson at CERN. It provides a comprehensive and self-contained description of the Standard Model of particle physics suitable for upper-level undergraduate students and graduate students studying experimental particle physics. Physical theory is introduced in a straightforward manner with full mathematical derivations throughout. Fully-worked examples enable students to link the mathematical theory to results from modern particle physics experiments. End-of-chapter exercises, graded by difficulty, provide students with a deeper understanding of the subject
About the Author
Mark Thomson is Professor of Experimental Particle Physics at the University of Cambridge. He has over 700 publications covering a number of major areas in high energy particle physics. His main research interests are in electron-positron collider physics, neutrino physics and the development of novel and powerful reconstruction techniques for cutting edge detector technologies. In addition to his research activities, he has chaired a number of scientific reviews for STFC and until recently was the chair of its main peer-review committee. Mark Thomson’s main research activities are centred around three main areas. He is one of the leading figures in the UK working on the physics and detector design for the proposed International Linear Collider (ILC) which may be hosted in Japan. This electron-positron collider would be the next major collider after the LHC, with the main goals of making precision measurements of the properties of the Higgs boson. He is also the world-leading expert on high-granularity particle flow calorimetry, which is driving the design of future collider detectors at the ILC, CLIC and beyond. In addition to his activities in collider physics, Mark Thomson is co-leader of the UK effort in the LBNE experiment, which is the next generation of long-baseline neutrino oscillation experiment, aiming to discover CP violation in the leptonic sector. In the context of neutrino physics, he is also a member of the MicroBooNE collaboration, where he is leading the development of advanced reconstruction algorithms for large liquid argon neutrino detectors.
Instructor’s Solutions Manual for Modern Particle Physics ISBN 1107034264
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Modern Particle Physics by Mark Thomson Instructor’s Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Physics, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Instructor’s Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Modern Particle Physics by Mark Thomson Instructor’s Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Instructor’s Solutions Manual of 1st of the Modern Particle Physics . Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.