This newly corrected, highly acclaimed text offers intermediate-level juniors and first-year graduate students of physics a rigorous treatment of classical electromagnetics. The authors present a very accessible macroscopic view of classical electromagnetics that emphasizes integrating electromagnetic theory with physical optics. The survey follows the historical development of physics, culminating in the use of four-vector relativity to fully integrate electricity with magnetism.
Starting with a brief review of static electricity and magnetism, the treatment advances to examinations of multipole fields, the equations of Laplace and Poisson, dynamic electromagnetism, electromagnetic waves, reflection and refraction, and waveguides. Subsequent chapters explore retarded potentials and fields and radiation by charged particles; antennas; classical electron theory; interference and coherence; scalar diffraction theory and the Fraunhofer limit; Fresnel diffraction and the transition to geometrical optics; and relativistic electrodynamics. A basic knowledge of vector calculus and Fourier analysis is assumed, and several helpful appendices supplement the text. An extensive Solutions Manual is also available.
About the Author
Professor Emeritus Mark A. Heald was on the faculty of Swarthmore College’s Department of Physics and Astronomy for 33 years.
Jerry Marion (1929–52) published the original edition of this volume in 1965 under the imprint of Academic Press.
Solutions Manual of Classical Electromagnetic Radiation by Heald & Marion | 3rd edition ISBN 9780030972782
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Classical Electromagnetic Radiation by Heald & Marion Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Science and Engineering, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Classical Electromagnetic Radiation by Heald & Marion Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 3rd edition of the Classical Electromagnetic Radiation by Heald & Marion. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.