The classic guide to mixtures, completely updated with new models, theories, examples, and data.
Efficient separation operations and many other chemical processes depend upon a thorough understanding of the properties of gaseous and liquid mixtures. Molecular Thermodynamics of Fluid-Phase Equilibria, Third Edition is a systematic, practical guide to interpreting, correlating, and predicting thermodynamic properties used in mixture-related phase-equilibrium calculations.
Completely updated, this edition reflects the growing maturity of techniques grounded in applied statistical thermodynamics and molecular simulation, while relying on classical thermodynamics, molecular physics, and physical chemistry wherever these fields offer superior solutions. Detailed new coverage includes:
- Techniques for improving separation processes and making them more environmentally friendly.
- Theoretical concepts enabling the description and interpretation of solution properties.
- New models, notably the lattice-fluid and statistical associated-fluid theories.
- Polymer solutions, including gas-polymer equilibria, polymer blends, membranes, and gels.
- Electrolyte solutions, including semi-empirical models for solutions containing salts or volatile electrolytes.
Coverage also includes: fundamentals of classical thermodynamics of phase equilibria; thermodynamic properties from volumetric data; intermolecular forces; fugacities in gas and liquid mixtures; solubilities of gases and solids in liquids; high-pressure phase equilibria; virial coefficients for quantum gases; and much more.
Throughout, Molecular Thermodynamics of Fluid-Phase Equilibria strikes a perfect balance between empirical techniques and theory, and is replete with useful examples and experimental data. More than ever, it is the essential resource for engineers, chemists, and other professionals working with mixtures and related processes.
About the Author
After graduating from the Girls’ Latin School in Boston, Paula Bruice earned an A.B. from Mount Holyoke College and a Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Virginia. She then received an NIH postdoctoral fellowship for study in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Virginia Medical School and held a postdoctoral appointment in the Department of Pharmacology at Yale Medical School. Paula has been a member of the faculty at the University of California, Santa Barbara since 1972, where she has received the Associated Students Teacher of the Year Award, the Academic Senate Distinguished Teaching Award, two Mortar Board Professor of the Year Awards, and the UCSB Alumni Association Teaching Award.
Solutions Manual of Molecular Thermodynamcs of Fluid Phase Equilibria by Prausnitz & Lichtenthaler | 3rd edition ISBN 130183881
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Molecular Thermodynamcs of Fluid Phase Equilibria by Prausnitz & Lichtenthaler Solutions Manual
- The book is under the category: Science and Engineering, You can use the menu to navigate through each category.
- We will deliver your order instantly via e-mail. DOWNLOAD LINK will be included in that email. Once payment is confirmed, Please check Inbox and also SPAM box.
- We have included the solution manual in a zipped file. You can use winzip free version to extract the file. Solutions Manual comes in a PDF format and available for download only 3 times using the link in the description.
- Molecular Thermodynamcs of Fluid Phase Equilibria by Prausnitz & Lichtenthaler Solutions Manual only NO Test Bank included on this purchase.
- This is the Solutions Manual of 3rd edition of the Molecular Thermodynamcs of Fluid Phase Equilibria by Prausnitz & Lichtenthaler. Please use the search box to find the other manuals.
- You may use the contact box to reach us.